Spotlight on Oberlin 2016
7-9am/Tuesday, Apr. 26 – Thursday, Apr. 28
Join us in person or listen live online
Our 2016 Spotlight on Oberlin is underway. Join us as we take the Morning Show on the road for three straight days (Tue, Apr. 26 – Thur. Apr. 28) from the Main Street Diner on 51 South Main Street. We will have daily interviews with local politicians, faculty from Oberlin College, member of the art community, and public school officials. Come out and join us this week at the Main Street Diner in Oberlin. If you can not get there, make sure you listen live on AM930 and WEOL.com from 7am – 9am. To hear any of this weeks
- Lorain County Metro Park’s Erica Rainey told us about the great summer programs going on this year.
- We took a look at Oberlin’s past with Liz Schultz of the Heritage Center.
- Mary Felton of North Coast Building Industry Association shared information about the upcoming Home Show being held on the JVS campus.
- Heather Fraelich told us about the Oberlin Kids collaborative that helps children get ready for kindergarten.
- If your child is a musician you may want to send them to the upcoming summer camp at the Oberlin Conservatory. This morning spokespersons Anna Hoffman and Cathy Strauss shared information of the upcoming music filled camp.
- We found out the latest about Oberlin College with President Marvin Krislov.
- Piano’s are a beautiful instrument, but how does one properly maintain one? Find out with John Cavanaugh of the Oberlin Conservatory.
- The Firelands Association of Visual Arts has a lot of great programs going on. Hear all about them with Betsy Mandarin and James Peake.
- Judie Docs, Executive Officer of the North Coast Building Industry Association, gave us more insight into their upcoming Home Show.
- Judie Docs, Executive Officer of the North Coast Building Industry Association, gave us a more in depth look at the NCBIA.
- Common Ground’s Ken Fraelich talked about the nonprofit organization
- Lorain County Commissioner Lori Kokoski talked about Lorain County Solid Waste’s Clean and Beautiful program
- Hear about Allen Memorial Art Museum’s newest exhibits with Andria Derstine
- Oberlin Schools Superintendent David Hall spoke about the accolades his school system has been receiving.
- Jennifer Call of the Oberlin Choristers spoke about their upcoming trip to Carnegie Hall in New York
- Cathy Strauss told us about the many great features of the Oberlin Conservatory.
- Emily Keener of Lorain spoke about her time as a contestant on NBC’s hit TV show The Voice.